Top 10 Reasons For Failure In Home Business
Below are the top 10 home business opinions about what a business owner should and shouldn’t do to keep a new business afloat. Remember it doesn’t matter if your home business is online or off-line. These opinions matter. They will make the difference between success or failure so pay attention for the success of your work at home business.
- You start your business for the wrong reasons.
- Would the sole reason you would be starting your own business be that you would want to make a lot of money? Or maybe that you wouldn’t have to answer to anyone else? If so, you’d better think again.
- On the other hand, if you start your business for these reasons, you’ll have a better chance at achieving success:
- You have a passion and love for what you’ll be doing. You strongly believe that based on study and investigation that your product or service would fulfil a real need in the marketplace.
- You are physically fit and possess the needed mental stamina to withstand potential challenges.
- You have drive, determination, patience and a positive attitude.
- Failures don’t defeat you. You learn from your mistakes, and use these lessons to succeed the next time around.
- You thrive on independence, and are skilled at taking charge when a creative or intelligent solution is needed.
- You get along with and can deal with all different types of individuals.
In Business Opportunities – Managing Home Business
- Poor Management
- Many home businesses fail due to poor management. New business owners frequently lack relevant business and management expertise in areas such as finance, purchasing, selling, production, and hiring and managing employees. Unless you recognize what you don’t do well, and seek help, you may soon face disaster just like GovWorks. This is also especially so with franchise business opportunities.
- Neglect of a business can also be its downfall. Care must be taken to regularly study, organize, plan and control all activities of its operations. This includes the continuing study of market research and customer data, an area which may be ignored by many once a business has been established.
Home Business Funding
- Insufficient Capital
- Another common for a home business is to have insufficient funds for operations. Many home business owners underestimate how much money is needed and they are forced to close before they even have had a fair chance to succeed. They also may have an unrealistic expectation of incoming revenues from sales or promotions.
- It is equally important to consider not only the costs of starting, but the costs of staying in business. It is important to take into consideration that many businesses take a year or two to get going. This means you will need enough funds to cover all costs until sales can eventually pay for these costs. You could of course promote other people’s products to earn an income and so offset the expenses incurred with a home business.
- For an off-line business location is critical to the success of your business. Whereas a good location may enable a struggling business to ultimately survive and thrive, a bad location could spell disaster to even the best-managed home business. This could also apply to an online business. Bear in mind that whatever you’re selling or promoting you have to target an audience demographic and even different countries, age groups, gender, education level, income level etc.
- Where your customers are
- Location of competitors
- Local incentive programs for business start-ups in specific targeted areas
- The history, community and receptiveness to a new business at a prospective site
- Make sure your business can be found
Business Action Plan Examples
- Lack of Planning
- Anyone who has ever been in charge of a successful major event knows that if it were not for their careful, methodical, strategic planning and hard work success would not have followed. The same could be said of most business successes.
- It is critical for your home business to have a business plan. Many fail because of fundamental shortcomings in their business planning. It must be realistic and based on accurate, current information and educated projections for the future.
Components may include:
- Description of the business, vision, goals, and keys to success
- Work force needs
- Potential problems and solutions
- Financial: capital equipment and supply list, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow analysis, sales and expense forecast
- Analysis of competition
- Marketing, advertising and promotional activities
- Budgeting and managing company growth
Time – Attitude – Commitment
- Many people start a home business on a part-time basis while raising children or working outside the home. Others start full-time when family and finances allow. However you begin, figure out how may hours per week you can devote to the business. Make a weekly chart of your activities, examine it, and determine where the business fits. Don’t assume you have time and find out later you don’t.
- Negative attitude will take you nowhere. Invariably having a positive attitude towards your business and life in general will encourage you to move on.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
- Lack of Commitment towards your efforts
- The owners of successful home businesses are the ones who are committed towards their efforts in making the business a success. You cannot achieve success without working towards it. Failing to do so will only make your business a failure before you even realize it.
- “The only place you’ll find success before work is in the dictionary.” May B. Smith
Do I Need To Set Up A Business Website
- No Website
- Simply put, today even if you have one of the best business ideas on the planet to make money from home, you wont make much. Therefore of course you need a website.
- At the very least, every business should have a professional looking and well-designed website that enables users to easily find out about your business. Later, additional ways to generate revenue on the website can be added; i.e., selling ad space, drop-shipping products, or promoting or recommending affiliate products.
- Remember, if you don’t have a website, you’ll most likely be losing business to those that do. And make sure that website makes your business look good, not bad – you want to increase revenues after all, not decrease them. You don’t want to hang out the small business for sale sign before you have given it your best shot.
- Forget the success factors
- When it comes to the success of any new business, you – the business owner – are ultimately the “secret” to your success. For many successful business owners, failure was never an option. Armed with drive, determination, and a positive mindset, these individuals view any setback as only an opportunity to learn and grow. Most self-made millionaires only possess average intelligence. What sets them apart is their openness to new knowledge and their willingness to learn whatever it takes to succeed.
How To Create A Business Website
Before I finish lets go back to number 9 – No Website.
In Business Opportunities when you have an online business you run from home you really need a website. No matter what great work at home ideas you have in your head, without a website you are going to struggle. This is mainly because if you don’t have a website how on earth are you going to get the message out there to potential customers?
It would no longer be a business from home because you would be forever away from it drumming up business. Plus there would be the expense of petrol, placing Ads in Newspapers and Magazines, and lets not forget all the time you would spend on the road away from your family. Overnight stays, the expense of accommodation, meals the list just goes on and on.
With a website however you are sitting comfortably at home getting the work done and probably at a massive saving. Make Sense?
Creating A Business Website For Free
Therefore I am going to point you in the direction of an online company/program that as a free member you will receive two sites for nothing. Not only that the sites will be hosted for you on the Cloud free of charge as well. With the training available you will be shown how to create a business website. Sound like a good deal to you? You betcha it is, so get yourself over to the site via the link in the image below the article and sign up today.
If and when you need any help apart from the 24/7 help and support you will receive anyway just drop me a line or two via the messaging system. By The Way. There is a Live Chat function as well so you will never be on your own if I’m not around.
So finally, you don’t have to be one of those unfortunate people who fail. All you need to do is to become more informed, take the necessary steps when required and know what to do!
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison
So here’s to your eventual success and have a really great day.